Safety Tips for Motorists
Safety is a shared responsibility and here are a few reminders for those behind the wheel.
- Watch out for pedestrians at all times.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see conditions, such as nighttime or bad weather.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or entering a crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a crosswalk—pedestrians you cannot see may be crossing.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Always be aware of posted speed limits.
- Always be aware of modified speed limits in school zones and in neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up—pedestrians can move into your path.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.