Final Driving Range Rehab Dates
Your patience is appreciated and necessary for the success of the driving range lawn maintenance and rehabilitation project. While the newly planted grass is in the rehabilitation stage, practice nets will be erected across a section of the range to provide the time needed for the grass to fully mature and still allow residents to hit balls. Using the range picker and other maintenance equipment on newly restored areas could destroy immature grass.
The schedule below outlines when the range will be officially closed for work:
- March 20 - Range closed for the day for second preparation application
- March 27 – Range fully closed; turf maintenance and rehabilitation begins
- May 27 - Practice nets installed and open for use (residents must bring their own golf balls, as the area will be unstaffed; limit use when others are waiting)
- August 17 - Planned range reopen (tentative due to status of the new grass)
While the range is closed, staff has arranged special pricing at local golf facilities:
- Oak Creek Golf Club: Must present Village resident ID to receive discount ($13 small bag [regularly $16], $18 large bag [regularly $22] and $14 chipping tube rental [regularly $16]).
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.