Organics Recycling Collection Day Changes
To better accommodate and balance their routes and driver scheduling, CR&R has requested and received approval from the City of Laguna Woods to change the organic waste collection day from Fridays to Wednesdays, starting Wednesday, August 17.
Organics Recycling Best Practices
- Please do not move organic waste recycling carts from their intended locations. Carts will not be serviced in areas where they are not assigned. If you find a cart that has been moved, please email LagunaWoods-Recycles@CRRMail.com.
- Please do not place plastic bags in organics recycling carts. Compostable bags, paper bags and newspaper are acceptable—compostable bags are preferable. Find a variety of compostable bags at Amazon.com, HomeDepot.com, Walmart.com and more. Compostable bags degrade to humus (the organic component of soil, formed by the decomposition of leaves and other plant material by soil microorganisms), CO2 and water within 180 days when placed in a standard compost pile.
- Please close the lid to the organics carts completely after use to prevent rodent access.
- Consider storing your organics in the freezer and disposing on Tuesday, right before the Wednesday pickup, to minimize odors.
- Please do not place garden/lawn prunings in organics recycling carts to ensure everyone can participate in the program and use the carts for accepted waste. Instead, please call Resident Services at 949-597-4600 to schedule a Friday clippings pickup.
- For assistance locating your nearest organics cart, please view an interactive map or a printable map.
Please email CR&R at LagunaWoods-Recycles@CRRmail.com or call 949-625-6735 with trash, recycling and organics recycling questions, concerns or requests.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.