1) LWDC Voting Recommendations - Includes brief descriptions for the 2022 Midterm Election Ballot Measures.
Click on Link: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
2) LWDC Midterm Election 2022 Doorhanger - Includes information on how and where to vote as well as a list of candidates endorsed by the California Democratic Party, the Democratic Party of Orange County, and the Laguna Woods Democratic Club. Click on Link: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
3) November 15 Club Meeting - Clubhouse 2 at 7 p.m. The 2022 Mid-Terms--What Just Happened?
Professor Jodi Balma started her career as a professor of political science at Fullerton College in 2000. She has served as the faculty coordinator of the Honors Program since 2012. She was chosen as Fullerton College Teacher of the Year in 2014 and 2021. She was named 2022 Orange County Community College Teacher of the Year. Professor Balma specializes in American politics and California state and local government and she will provide a post-election analysis.
4) Village TV - Club Meeting - airs Wednesdays at 2 p.m. The program features our July 2021 program with Dr. Thom-as Parham, President of California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH). He examines “Exploring our Responsibilities Around Racism: From Passive Observers to Authentic Drum Majors,” in an engaging and upbeat way. His talk highlights the importance of education and suggest ways that we can all work to help dismantle racism. Still a very timely topic!
5) Village TV - Black in Laguna Woods on Sundays at 3:30 p.m.
Village resident Willie Phillips discusses his personal journey. He talks about watching his uncle being lynched. Willie Phillips witnessed things in his life that nobody should see. Not only does he discuss the horror he witnessed but also the way he dealt with this tragedy and how he overcame this incident to be the person he is today. Willie Phillips' story is well worth listening to and remembering. A story that starts with horrific death but ends in a place of love and hope. Club Secretary Allan Feldman will serve as moderator.
6) Time To Renew! It’s time to renew your membership in the Laguna Woods Democratic Club for 2023. Your dues cover the period
October 1, 2022, through December 31, 2023. The fees have not changed and are $20 for an individual and $30 for a household.
There are 3 ways to renew:
7) Veterans Day is November 11 - Veterans Day is a national holiday, celebrated on November 11 and honoring veterans of the armed forces and those killed during wartime. The observance originated in 1919 on the first anniversary of the 1918 armistice that ended World War I and was known as Armistice Day. It was commemorated in 1921 with the burial of an unknown soldier from World War I at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia. November 11 became an official national holiday in the United States in 1938. In 1954 the name was changed to Veterans Day to honor those who had served in all U.S. wars. Ceremonies are held each year at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider, and floral tributes are placed on the graves of service men and women and at memorials throughout the country. Naturalization ceremonies have come to be an important part of the day’s activities. We are proud of our LWDC members who are veterans
8) Wishing You A Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday in the United States. In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and the Wampanoag shared an autumn harvest feast— the first Thanksgiving celebration in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by both colonies and states. It wasn’t until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.
9) Become a Lifetime Member! For a contribution of $500 (individual) or $750 (household), you can become a lifetime member of the Laguna Woods Democratic Club. Your contribution will help to elect Democrats and support local organizations and you’ll never have to pay annual dues again! Donate by credit card via ActBlue here or mail a check to LWDC, P.O. Box 2243, Laguna Hills, CA 92654-2243. https://secure.actblue.com/don...
10) Mentoring Program - Do you have what it takes to be a leader? Do you want to have an impact on the lives of your peers? Search no more. Our LWDC has something special for you: the new LWDC Mentoring program. As you may know, to achieve the club’s mission it is necessary to complete a vast number of functions which require the leadership of many. These leaders comprise the club’s Board of Directors who, in turn, rely on the help of many volunteers. All the following programs are led by an individual: Program development for monthly meetings, Special events, the Get Out the Vote program, the Voter Registration/postcard writing program, the Membership section, the Activism program, the Fundraising section, the Hospitality team, Newsletter, the Care and Share program, and Board nominations. Each one of these requires a leader who is committed, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Do you have what it takes? Are you willing to become one of our next leaders? Please call us and become part of the team. We will happily show and teach you “the ropes” and welcome you with open arms. Believe me, it is also a lot of fun. So don’t wait any longer. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know where you see yourself as a leader within our Club. Can’t wait to hear from you. This new year is the perfect time to become a leader.
|Membership 2022 - Membership is open to all Laguna Woods Village and Orange County residents. Regular Members are registered Democrats; Affiliate Members need not be.
Application: Download, Print and Mail: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...|
Advantages of Club Membership! https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Act Blue for Membership - Pay online: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/lagunawoodsmembership2022
Newsletter Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
You Tube Monthly Meetings Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Board of Directors - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Volunteer Opportunities - Voter registration and membership are available for those interested in growing our Democratic Club.
The purpose of the Club is to stimulate greater interest in government affairs, to further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, to increase Democratic Party registration and turnout, and to elect Democratic candidates who will truly support the United States Constitution and work for the highest degree of economic and social justice and welfare for all people.
The information, opinions and all other content on Club webpages are solely the responsibility of the particular Club. Neither GRF nor the managing agent is responsible for the accuracy or content of information on Club webpages, and all responsibility therefore is hereby denied.
All statements, actions and failures to act by any Club or Club member shall be the sole responsibility of that Club and its members. GRF does not endorse, approve or authorize such conduct, and expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability therefore, without exception.
Unless otherwise stated, all meetings, events and amenities are for the use of Laguna Woods Village residents and their authorized guests only.