1) JUNE MEETING - ANNUAL PICNIC ON JUNE 27th - Time: 4:00 - 6:00 Location: Clubhouse 5 - $10.00 - Sandwiches, chips, dessert, wine and music by Sharone & Mark. Reservations dues by June 13th - No refunds. Reservations - https://secure.actblue.com/don...
2) VILLAGE TV - Did You Know? - Features a fascinating and informative program on the culture of China and the influence of Chinese immigrants on American culture. Village residents Ed and Wei-Ming Tao and Edmond Chang share their knowledge and experiences with moderator Rebeca Gilad. The program airs every Sunday in June at 3:30 p.m. You will definitely learn something new!
The Democratic Club meeting airs Wednesdays at 2 p.m. In June we will rerun UCI Michele Bratcher Goodwin's 2020 talk following Amy Coney Barrett's appointment to the Supreme Court. Her discussion of Roe v. Wade and the Supreme Court is still timely. Michele Bratcher Goodwin is Chancellor's Professor of Law at University of California at Irvine.
3) PRIMARY - June 7th - Don't forget to Vote - LWDC will keep you posted periodically through emails, but you might want to look for results yourself. The best place for Orange County results is https://ocvote.gov/results. Remember that results posted there for state offices are only Orange County results, so don't panic!
For statewide offices go to: https://www.sos.ca.gov/electio...
All results in California take 30 days to be finalized. Ballots received on election day and afterwards take a while to count, even though the Orange County Registrar of Voters is very efficient!
4) DO YOU REMEMBER? - Photos provided by Joel Goldstein. We continue today as we did then, to stand up for what we believe!!
Photo Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nmku...
5) A QUARTER A DAY CAMPAIGN - New year, new plans, new Candidates, new hopes, new fears. We all have something we can do to make sure our lives, our health, our children’s and grandkids’ lives and education, our safety, our voting rights, and for us, women, our bodies, are what we want them to be. A quarter a day… Will you please? Just go to the link (or mail to P.O. Box 2243, Laguna HIlls, CA 92654) and enroll to become a monthly donor of $7.50 -or more if you wish of course and become one of our LWDC family heroes. Link: secure.actblue.com/donate/lwdc
5) TODAY & ALWAYS - Do you want to message, congratulate, honor a loved one and at the same time help your Democratic Club?” Please send an email to Rebeca (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 949-452-0464. Tell her whom you want to honor and what you want to say, and we will publish it! Please submit it before the 15th of the month. Just donate $10 or more per line. Donations: Laguna Woods Democratic Club - P.O. Box 2243 - Laguna Hills, Ca. 92654-2243.
6) BECOME A LIFETIME MEMBER! – For a contribution of $500 (individual) or $750 (household), you can become a lifetime member of the Laguna Woods Democratic Club. Your contribution will help to elect Democrats and support local organizations and you’ll never have to pay annual dues again! Donate by credit card via ActBlue here or mail a check to LWDC, P.O. Box 2243, Laguna Hills, CA 92654-2243. https://secure.actblue.com/donate/laguna-woods-democratic-club
7) MENTORING PROGRAM – Do you have what it takes to be a leader? Do you want to have an impact on the lives of your peers? Search no more. Our LWDC has something special for you: the new LWDC Mentoring program. As you may know, to achieve the club’s mission it is necessary to complete a vast number of functions which require the leadership of many. These leaders comprise the club’s Board of Directors who, in turn, rely on the help of many volunteers. All the following programs are led by an individual: Program development for monthly meetings, Special events, the Get Out the Vote program, the Voter Registration/postcard writing program, the Membership section, the Activism program, the Fundraising section, the Hospitality team, Newsletter, the Care and Share program, and Board nominations. Each one of these requires a leader who is committed, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Do you have what it takes? Are you willing to become one of our next leaders? Please call us and become part of the team. We will happily show and teach you “the ropes” and welcome you with open arms. Believe me, it is also a lot of fun. So don’t wait any longer. Send me an email to email@example.com and let me know where you see yourself as a leader within our Club. Can’t wait to hear from you. This new year is the perfect time to become a leader.
8) To the Members of the African American and Chinese-American Communities:
We were all deeply saddened by the horrific events in Buffalo and Laguna Woods. The Democratic Club wants you to know you have our support. We are all on this journey we call life together regardless of race, color, religion, gender, country of origin, sexual preference, or economic status. We are thinking about you and will continue to stand up against hate in all its forms.
9) NATIONAL FLAG DAY - In 1916 President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14 as the official date for National Flag Day, and in 1949 the U.S. Congress permanently established the date as National Flag Day. Each year the U.S. president delivers an address that proclaims the week of June 14 as National Flag Week, and all Americans are encouraged to fly U.S. flags during that week
|Membership 2022 - Membership is open to all Laguna Woods Village and Orange County residents. Regular Members are registered Democrats; Affiliate Members need not be.
Application: Download, Print and Mail: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...|
Advantages of Club Membership! https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Act Blue for Membership - Pay online: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/lagunawoodsmembership2022
Newsletter Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Board of Directors - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Volunteer Opportunities - Voter registration and membership are available for those interested in growing our Democratic Club.
The purpose of the Club is to stimulate greater interest in government affairs, to further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, to increase Democratic Party registration and turnout, and to elect Democratic candidates who will truly support the United States Constitution and work for the highest degree of economic and social justice and welfare for all people.
The information, opinions and all other content on Club webpages are solely the responsibility of the particular Club. Neither GRF nor the managing agent is responsible for the accuracy or content of information on Club webpages, and all responsibility therefore is hereby denied.
All statements, actions and failures to act by any Club or Club member shall be the sole responsibility of that Club and its members. GRF does not endorse, approve or authorize such conduct, and expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability therefore, without exception.
Unless otherwise stated, all meetings, events and amenities are for the use of Laguna Woods Village residents and their authorized guests only.