TV6 Weekly Featured Movies
Be sure to tune in to Village Television (TV6) for special movie feature presentations. Movies screen at 2 and 6 p.m. Closed captioning is available for all showings. Find all movie listings here. Learn more about Friday Films here. To learn more about TV6, click here.
- Friday, December 2 - “Mystic River”: In this 2003 crime drama, when the daughter (Emmy Rossum) of ex-con Jimmy Marcus (Sean Penn) is murdered, two of his childhood friends from the neighborhood are involved. Dave (Tim Robbins), a blue-collar worker, was the last person to see her alive, while Sean (Kevin Bacon), a homicide detective, is heading up the case. As Sean proceeds with his investigation, Jimmy conducts one of his own through neighborhood contacts. Eventually, Jimmy suspects Dave is the culprit and considers taking the law into his own hands.
- Saturday, December 3 - “Fatherhood”: In this 2021 dramedy, a father (Kevin Hart) brings up his baby girl (Melody Hurd) as a single dad after the unexpected death of his wife who died a day after their daughter's birth.
- Monday, December 5 - “Zatopek”: This 2021 sports drama follows the life of Olympic gold medalist and multiple record holder Emil Zatopek, who became a legend in the days of the Czechoslovak communist regime.
- Friday, December 9 - “Beyond the Edge”: This 2013 New Zealand 3D docudrama recounts Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary’s historical ascent of Mount Everest in 1953.
- Saturday, December 10 - “In a World”: In this 2013 comedy, a vocal coach (Lake Bell) competes with her own father and his main rival for a prestigious gig doing the voice-over on a trailer for a big-budget movie.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.