TV6 Weekly Featured Movies
Be sure to tune in to Village Television (TV6) for special movie feature presentations. Movies screen at 2 and 6 p.m. All 2 p.m. showings feature subtitles; 6 p.m. showings do not. Find all movie listings here. To learn more about TV6, click here.
- Friday, July 1 - “Sarah’s Key”: In this 2010 war drama, an account of research by a journalist (Kristin Scott Thomas) into a shameful incident in French history intertwines with a story of a 10-year-old Jewish girl (Mélusine Mayance) from that time period.
- Saturday, July 2 - “Fatherhood”: This 2021 comedy/drama features a father (Kevin Hart) who brings up his baby girl as a single dad after the unexpected death of his wife who died a day after their daughter’s birth.
- Monday, July 4 – “The Batman”: This 2022 film based on the DC Comics superhero stars Robert Pattinson as Batman and his alter ego Bruce Wayne, Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle, Paul Dano as the Riddler, Colin Farrell as the Penguin and Barry Keoghan as the Joker. The caped crusader fights crime and uncovers corruption while pursuing his and Gotham City’s foes.
- Friday, July 8 – “The Quiet Man”: John Wayne plays a retired American boxer in the 1920s who returns to the land of his birth, Ireland, where he falls in love with a spirited woman played by Maureen O’Hara in this 1952 romantic comedy.
- Saturday, July 9 – “The Carey Treatment”: In this 1972 mystery, James Coburn portrays Dr. Peter Carey, who must become an amateur detective to clear a colleague accused of botching an illegal abortion that kills a 15-year-old girl, the daughter of the Boston hospital’s chief of staff.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.