TV6 Weekly Featured Movies
Be sure to tune in to Village Television (TV6) for special movie feature presentations. Movies screen at 2 and 6 p.m. All 2 p.m. showings feature subtitles; 6 p.m. showings do not. Find all movie listings here. To learn more about TV6, click here.
- Friday, June 24 - “The Sea Inside”: This 2004 dramatized biography follows the life story of Spaniard Ramón Sampedro, who fought a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life with dignity. Film explores Ramón's relationships with two women: Julia, a lawyer who supports his cause, and Rosa, a local woman who wants to convince him that life is worth living.
- Saturday, June 25 - “All the Money in the World”: In this 2017 crime drama, kidnappers in 1973 demand $17 million from billionaire J. Paul Getty in exchange for his grandson’s release. Getty refuses to pay the perpetrators a single penny despite the desperate pleas from his former daughter-in-law Gail and adviser Fletcher Chase. With nowhere else to turn, Gail and Fletcher soon become unlikely allies in a race against time to save the teen’s life.
- Monday, June 27 - “Return to Paradise”: In this 1998 drama/romance, Lewis (Joaquin Phoenix), Sheriff (Vince Vaughn) and Tony (David Conrad) are three friends vacationing in Malaysia. Sheriff and Tony eventually leave to pursue careers in New York, but Lewis stays behind to work with orangutans. Two years later, Sheriff and Tony learn that, because of their past actions, Lewis has been arrested for drug possession. With Lewis facing a death sentence, the friends are left with a difficult decision: return to Malaysia and split Lewis’ sentence or let him die.
- Friday, July 1 - “Sarah’s Key”: In this 2010 war drama, an account of research by a journalist (Kristin Scott Thomas) into a shameful incident in French history intertwines with a story of a 10-year-old Jewish girl (Mélusine Mayance) from that time period.
- Saturday, July 2 - “Fatherhood”: This 2021 comedy/drama features a father (Kevin Hart) who brings up his baby girl as a single dad after the unexpected death of his wife who died a day after their daughter’s birth.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.