California Records COVID-19 Vaccines Digitally
If you’re vaccinated against COVID-19, you can now access a digital copy of your vaccination record. Accessing this digital replica makes it easier to show that you were vaccinated and provides a backup to your paper card in case it gets lost. The electronic alternative provides the same information as the paper card issued from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, plus a QR code that confirms authenticity when scanned.
The online portal pulls records from the state’s immunization registry systems.
- Click here to access the portal.
- Provide your name, date of birth and an email address or cellphone number you used when you received your vaccine.
- Create a personal ID number at the prompt that will be sent directly to your email address or phone number on file.
- Troubleshoot the portal by double checking that your information is correct and matches the email address and phone number associated with your vaccine record.
- Contact the COVID-19 hotline at 833-422-4255 if issues persist or if a record needs correcting.
LAist reporter Jackie Fortiér offers these tips:
- Do not let your computer auto fill the fields.
- Remember that this is a website not an app.
- Take a picture of your QR code, as the link disappears after 24 hours.
- Realize that the QR code cannot be stored by a business after scanning it.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.