Parks Make Life Better
What could be more enjoyable than taking a stroll or relaxing in a beautiful park?
The California Park & Recreation Society has released a statewide public awareness campaign, “Parks Make Life Better!” to inform citizens of the many benefits of utilizing parks, facilities, programs and services.
A new California resolution recognizes the importance of access to local parks, recreation, trails, open space and facilities for the health, wellness, development, inspiration and safety of all Californians. As a result, the state declared the month of July 2021 as Parks Make Life Better Month.
Among the benefits highlighted in the resolution, parks and recreation:
- Promote physical, emotional and mental health and wellness
- Support the economic vitality of communities
- Create memorable experiences
- Foster social cohesiveness in communities
- Support human development
- Sustain and steward our natural resources
- Support safe, vibrant, attractive communities that make life better
Be sure to visit a few parks in July!
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.