United Members—Don't Miss Meet the Candidates
A live presentation of candidates running for a position on the United board of directors will be broadcast on Village Television (TV6) on Friday, October 9, starting at 1:30 p.m.*
Each candidate will be given three to five minutes to present an opening statement. After each candidate has had the opportunity to present an opening statement, a question-and-answer segment will begin. Each candidate will then have an opportunity to present a two- to three-minute closing statement.
United Meet the Candidates Details
- Friday, 1:30 p.m., live on TV6
- Live-streamed via Granicus at lagunawoodsvillage.com (http://lagunawoodsvillage.com/...)
- Posted on Village YouTube channel after broadcast
- All members are invited to submit questions to the candidates
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 949-268-2020
- Include your name and address; anonymous submissions not accepted
Who's On the United Ballot
United members may vote for no more than four candidates:
- Prakash “Cash” Achrekar
- Manuel Armendariz
- Azar Asgari
- Reza Bastani
- Margaret “Maggie” Blackwell
- Alan Dale Dickinson
- Lenny Ross
All members are welcome to submit questions to the candidates any time before the meeting is scheduled to begin by calling 949-268-2020 or emailing email@example.com. Remember to identify yourself by name and manor number when calling or emailing. If you choose to send an email, please use United Meet the Candidates in the subject line.
*This live broadcast is from 1:30 to 3:55 p.m., will be rebroadcast on October 13 at 1 p.m. and will be available on the Village YouTube channel.
Completing Your Ballot and Return Envelope
- Using a black or dark pen only, completely fill in the oval (0) to the right of the candidate’s name. Do not mark an “X” or “√” or your vote may not count.
- Insert your completed ballot into the secret ballot envelope (SBE) and seal. Do not make any markings on the SBE.
- Insert the SBE into the pink postage-paid return envelope addressed to United Laguna Woods Mutual, Inspector of Elections, PO Box 3026, Danville, CA 94526-9941 and seal.
- On the back side of the pink postage-paid return envelope, provide your address and signature (by member or trustee) on the signature line provided on the back of the envelope and mail. Unsigned return envelopes will invalidate the ballot and not be counted.
- Mail-in ballots must be received at the post office box no later than 11 a.m., Monday, November 2. If you want a receipt for a mailed ballot, return it Certified Delivery – Return Receipt at your expense.
- Hand-delivered ballots placed in the official ballot box in front of the Community Center (24351 El Toro Road) must be received no later than 5 p.m., Monday, November 2.
- Call the Inspector of Election’s Duplicate Ballot Request Call Center at 855-240-0363 24/7 throughout the election period if your ballot is lost or damaged. Tell the operator you are a United Laguna Woods Mutual member, provide your address and phone number, and a ballot will be mailed to you in the next one to two business days.
- Ballots will be counted Tuesday, November 3, beginning at 9:30 a.m. at a virtual meeting televised on Village TV (Channel 6). Read the rules governing this election here.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.