Special Forum: Third Ballot Proposition - No Mess Vote Yes
Third has modified its Meet the Candidates forum because of its election by acclimation, as well as its current critical ballot proposition vote. To help ensure all Third Mutual members are engaged and informed so they cast their YES vote before the November 2 deadline, this special forum will provide an overview to the insurance debacle the mutual is presently experiencing and how the board proposes to fix the mess and save us from astronomically rising assessments. Remember: No Mess, Vote Yes!
Also, the two incoming Third Mutual board members, Deborah Dotson and Donna Rane-Szostak, will be introduced. The remainder of the open meeting will focus on the No Mess Vote Yes ballot initiative.
View it LIVE on TV6 and Granicus (http://lagunawoodsvillage.com/meetings) from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will rebroadcast on October 18 at 6:30 p.m. Also look for it on the Village YouTube channel shortly following the live broadcast.
October 9, Special Forum, Ballot Proposition: No Mess, Vote Yes
11:30 a.m., live on TV6
- Live-streamed via Granicus at lagunawoodsvillage.com (http://lagunawoodsvillage.com/...)
- Posted on Village YouTube channel after broadcast
- Members are invited to submit questions and comments
How to Complete Your Ballot and Return Envelope
- Using a black or dark pen only, completely fill in the oval space to the right of the words “YES” or “NO.” Do not mark an “X” or “√” or your vote may not count.
- Insert your completed ballot into the secret ballot envelope (SBE) and seal. Do not make any marks on the SBE.
- Insert the SBE into the yellow postage-paid return envelope addressed to Third Laguna Hills Mutual, Inspector of Elections, PO Box 3026, Danville, CA 94526-9941 and seal.
- On the back side of the yellow postage-paid return envelope, provide your signature (by member or trustee) on the signature line provided. Unsigned return envelopes will invalidate the ballot and not be counted.
- Mail-in ballots must be received at the post office box no later than 11 a.m., Monday, November 2. If you want a receipt for a mailed ballot, return it Certified Delivery – Return Receipt at your expense.
- Hand-delivered ballots placed in the official ballot box in front of the Community Center (24351 El Toro Road) must be received no later than 5 p.m., Monday, November 2.
- Call the Inspector of Elections' Duplicate Ballot Request Call Center at 855-240-0363 24/7 throughout the election period if your ballot is lost or damaged. Tell the operator you are a Third Laguna Hills Mutual member, provide your address and phone number, and a ballot will be mailed to you in one to two business days.
- Ballots will be counted Tuesday, November 3, beginning at 1:30 p.m. at a virtual meeting that will be televised on Village Television (Channel 6).
- Read the rules governing this election here.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.