Where’s Your Ballot?
All California voters will be sent a vote-by-mail ballot with a prepaid postage return envelope for the November 3, 2020, General Election.
Alex Padilla, the California Secretary of State, has announced the launch of a new official voting tracking tool, “Where’s My Ballot?” to allow all voters to receive critical updates on their November 3 ballots. Signing up takes less than three minutes. Simply copy and paste the URL wheresmyballot.sos.ca.gov into your browser or click here to get started.
A voter who has signed up will receive notices via email, text or voice message from the county elections official regarding the status of the voter’s vote-by-mail ballot including:
- When the ballot has been delivered
- The date that the voter’s ballot is expected to be delivered to the voter
- Whether the voter’s ballot is returned as undeliverable to the county elections official by the USPS
- When the voter’s completed ballot has been received by the county
- Whether the voter's completed ballot has been accepted or a reason why the ballot could not be accepted and steps the voter can take to have the ballot accepted
- The deadline for the voter to return his or her ballot if the county has not received a voter’s completed ballot by specified dates as determined by the county elections official
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.