Thank You, Generous Donors
These are strange, tough times indeed, but in the face of shutdowns, isolation and doom-and-gloom daily news, there are many bright spots of kindness and generosity inside and outside our Village. So many individuals and organizations from inside and outside our community have done some very generous things for Village residents during the pandemic, and we would like to take the opportunity to express our gratitude.
Thank you to:
- Stacey Butler, with CBS News, who facilitated a donation of 10,000 masks.
- Dana McElroy and Jimmy Song, founders of Integrated Connections, for the donation of 10,000 masks.
- Tongue Out Foundation (with Alzheimer’s OC), for a donation of 2,800 masks.
- John and Julia Li, for a donation of 2,000 masks.
- The women from VMS CFO Betty Parker’s church who sewed close to 700 masks.
- Sewing Supers and Kathie Wolin, for their donation of time and sewing skills to donate masks.
- The Girl Scout troop who donated masks and cookies to Social Services.
- Janice Brown, Donna Langgle and Dianne Pham (with Webmax Co.), who each made separate donations totaling 350 cloth masks.
- Alice Schoenau, with NK Textile, for hand sanitizer donations.
- Volunteers with the Friendly Visitor Program who continue to call on residents via phone.
- The Foundation of Laguna Woods has been a tremendous help to residents in need. For more information, call Social Services at 949-597-4267.
Each act of giving is most appreciated and reminds us all that banding together in the face of adversity is what makes our Village so special. Again, a sincere thanks to everyone who donated time and/or materials during the pandemic.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.