Update: Pickleball, Paddle Tennis and Lawn Bowling
Effective Friday, July 24, pickleball and paddle tennis are open for doubles matches. Also, effective Monday, July 27, the lawn bowling greens will be open for evening hours on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Pickleball and Paddle Tennis Doubles Play
Games are limited to singles and doubles matches only. Other forms of play that could lead to incidental contact and unwanted proximity are prohibited.
Groups will be limited in size to four players. Players must stay at least 6 feet apart from other players at all times, including on the court, in between games and during time-outs. Social clinics, group lessons, tournaments and other types of events are prohibited.
Lawn Bowling Hours Adjustment
Lawn bowling greens hours are weekdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Play time is scheduled in 90-minute increments; reservation times are as follows: 9 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 1 to 2 p.m. and, on Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
View the Procedures
- Conditional Reopening of the Pickleball Facility
- Conditional Reopening of the Paddle Tennis Facility
- Conditional Reopening of Lawn Bowling Greens
These three amenities continue to allow for limited recreational access and comply with federal, state and county guidance, as well as guidance from the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA), the American Platform Tennis Association (APTA) and the National Golf Course Owners Association Park and Play Program Guidelines.
Procedures that incorporate identified health and safety standards to protect players and staff remain in place:
- Play restricted to Village residents only
- Strict adherence to social distancing
- Elimination of “touch points” throughout all facilities
- Advance reservations required; no walk-ons permitted
- Scheduling that prevents congregations of individuals
- Closure of facilities related to each amenity
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.