Pools 2 and 5 Reopened Wednesday
Village Management Services is pleased to announce that Wednesday, June 24, Laguna Woods Village Pools 2 and 5 will reopen on a conditional basis.
VMS is dedicated to safeguarding our community throughout the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Aquatic services will follow a new procedure that allows for limited recreational access and complies with federal, state and county guidance, including “COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Campgrounds, RV Parks and Outdoor Recreation” from the Orange County Health Care Agency and other applicable rules and regulations.
Face coverings must be worn in all areas until a swimmer enters the pool and must also be worn when swimming is complete. The Department of Recreation and Special Events personnel will monitor handwashing, use of face coverings and/or social distancing.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas or water-play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.
The Department of Recreation and Special Events began taking reservations on Wednesday, June 17. At this time, aquatic activities are restricted to Village residents only. No guests or spectators are permitted.
The comprehensive plan also incorporates identified health and safety standards to protect swimmers and staff that include:
- Strict adherence to social distancing;
- Limiting pool usage to lap swimming and walking/aerobics;
- Swimming limited to one swimmer per lane with the exception of swimmers from the same household, who are permitted to share a lane;
- Elimination of “touch points” throughout both pools;
- Scheduling that prevents congregations of individuals.
HOURS AND RESERVATIONS
Lap time will be scheduled in 45-minute increments with 15 minutes in between to ensure there are no congregations of individuals waiting to start swimming and to maintain social distancing at the pools both in the water and on the pool deck.
Advance reservations are required. No walk-ins permitted. Make a reservation by calling 949-597-4382.
Residents may make two reservations per week and must have his/her resident ID ready when calling to make a reservation. Arrive no more than 10 minutes before a reservation time.
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; opening at 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning due to weekly maintenance.
- Reservations: First reservation is 7 to 7:45 a.m.; last reservation is 6 to 6:45 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday 8 to 8:45 p.m.)
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily; opening at 9 a.m. on Thursday morning due to weekly maintenance.
- Reservations: First reservation is 7 to 7:45 a.m.; last reservation is 8 to 8:45 p.m.
- Follow social distancing requirements while queueing on the pool deck.
- Lounge furniture will be removed from the pool deck, and all common-area chairs and tables will be removed.
- GRF swim equipment will not be available for use.
- Hot pools will remain closed, as will swimming pool locker rooms.
- Restroom use is limited to Clubhouses 2 and 5, available for single-use only.
Additional pools may be reopened once conformance with this procedure, as well as federal, state, county and other applicable safety requirements, is evident.
View the complete procedure that outlines provisions and expectations for use of Pools 2 and 5, “Conditional Reopening of Pools 2 and 5 Only.”
We look forward to offering residents the opportunity to enjoy swimming by reopening this key amenity.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.