Work Underway at Gate 11
Gate 11 construction, which will include installation of new access control gates, security cameras and readers, began Monday, June 1, and will take approximately 12 weeks to complete. This work will significantly increase the safety of residents at Gate 11 as well as improve traffic flow.
Key points to know about the project:
- Normal traffic flow through Gate 11 will be uninterrupted, and Village bus routes will not be affected.
- Outbound and inbound lanes at Gate 11 will be modified at different times to facilitate the work while allowing ingress and egress. One side of the gate will be left open to accommodate both inbound and outbound traffic.
- No pedestrian or vehicle traffic will be permitted on the side of the gate closed for construction due to trenching, demolition and other hazardous activities associated with the work.
- Emergency vehicle access points will be coordinated with the City of Laguna Woods and the fire and police departments.
- During construction, residents may need to allow additional time for visitors and/or deliveries to access their manor or for travel time to events within the Village.
- Heavy equipment and trucks will be used on site and may enter and exit the work areas during the construction period.
- During work days, dust and moderate to heavy noise levels may originate from the work zones due to tractors, trucks, jackhammers and other construction equipment. No noisy operations will occur prior to 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; no noisy work will take place on Saturdays, Sundays or VMS holidays.
- Contact the following departments with questions about this project: VMS Security Dispatch/emergency (24-hour assistance), 949-580-1400; Resident Services at 949-597-4600 and the Maintenance and Construction Department project coordinator at 949-597-4625.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.