Eliminate Mosquito Breeding Sources
The Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District is urging residents to empty all flower pots, saucers and other items full of water to prevent mosquito breeding.
Residents should take the following precautions to help reduce the chances of breeding mosquitoes:
- Dump and drain any containers filled with water at least once a week
- Clean and scrub bird baths and pet water bowls weekly
- Dump water from potted plant saucers
- Do not transport or share plant clippings rooted in water
- Drill a hole or puncture containers to eliminate standing water
Click here to download a pdf of the April/May 2020 Village Breeze magazine. Go to page 20 to read “Don’t Give ‘Em a Biting Chance” for more information on how residents can help keep the Aedes ankle-biting mosquito out of our community.
For more information, visit ocvector.org.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.