Enjoy Virtual Recreation
COVID-19 may have put a hold on Village recreation activities, but there’s still a wide world full of all kinds of distractions to keep our minds and bodies active. Check out the resources below to enjoy virtual travel and exercise, national parks, zoo life and more.
HEALTH AND FITNESS
- YMCA is offering 60 free fitness classes, including tai chi, bootcamp, barre, yoga and more.
- The National Institute of Aging’s YouTube channel offers its Go4Life Exercise video series, including such topics as building strength, balance and stretching.
- Medi Careful Living lists top five YouTube fitness channels for seniors.
- Gold’s Gym is offering free virtual workouts.
- Musée d’Orsay
- National Gallery of Art
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- The British Museum
- The J. Paul Getty Museum
- The Met 360 Project
- Uffizi Gallery
- Van Gogh Museum
- Enjoy several different virtual tours inside the National Museum of Natural History.
National Parks, Natural Wonders
- National parks virtual tours, including Arches, Chanel Islands, Glacier, Yellowstone and Yosemite
- 10 of the best virtual tours of the world’s natural wonders
- 10 virtual tours of the world’s most famous landmarks
Special Interest, Miscellaneous
- Find more tours of museums, zoos and theme parks here.
- Find more virtual tours, walks and adventures here.
ZOO WILDLIFE CAMS
- Monterey Bay Aquarium web cams
- Georgia Aquarium beluga web cam, jellyfish web cam
- Indo-Pacific Barrier Reef cam
- African penguin web cam
- Houston Zoo web cams
- Zoo Atlanta panda cam
- San Diego Zoo web cams for koalas, polar bears and more
- Smithsonian National Zoo panda live cam
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.