If They Poop, You Must Scoop!
There’s nothing more off-putting than encountering dog poop during a walk or finding it on your lawn. Besides simply being a good neighbor, there are many reasons why dog owners must always pick up after their pooches:
- It’s the law. Many urban and suburban areas require it. Regardless of restriction, cleaning up after your dog is always the right thing to do.
- Poop can contaminate groundwater.
- It may contain harmful organisms such as Giardia, Salmonella and E. coli that can be transmitted to humans and other animals.
- It may contain roundworms and hookworms (deposited by infected animals) that can live in the soil for long periods and transmit to other animals and humans.
- Dog poop attracts rats and mice.
- It’s easy to pick up via plastic baggies. Many manufacturers sell cute baggie holders that easily clip on to leashes. Some even feature pouches that will carry the collected poop until you come across a waste bin. Your neighbors will appreciate your good manners.
To read the latest news articles, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.