ETWD Retrofit Construction to Begin August 5
As part of a comprehensive, multiphase recycled water expansion project, the El Toro Water District (ETWD) will soon begin retrofitting irrigation systems near Village Gates 5 and 6. The retrofit project will begin the week of August 5, and work should be completed by the end of September, according to ETWD.
In order to perform important testing to verify the separation of the recycled water and drinking water systems, there may be times when ETWD must temporarily shut off the water. If ETWD determines there is a need to temporarily shut off water service to accommodate the project, advanced notification will be provided to affected Residents.
What affected Residents can expect during the project:
- This project involves disconnecting irrigation supply from the potable drinking water lines and installing new meters attached to the recently installed recycled water pipelines
- Access to driveways and residences will remain available at all times
- Increased foot traffic in landscaped areas during construction
- Signs will be posted if any temporary parking restrictions are necessary
- Landscape areas may be temporarily disturbed
- Hose bibs may be moved, altered or eliminated
- Informational signs/tags will be installed
- ETWD’s management team will closely monitor activities in an effort to minimize impacts to Residents as much as possible.
Work hours are anticipated to be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Schedule changes are subject to change due to weather.
Project information is available by calling ETWD’s Customer Service Office at 949-837-0660.
To read the latest news articles, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.