Information on this topic:

Residents are saying:


Plumbing Issues: When Should I call Resident Services?

Unfortunately, there are many ways that plumbing can malfunction or leak. Call Resident Services if you notice any of the following:

  • The toilet is not flushing properly.
  • The toilet is backing up.
  • There is water around the base of the toilet.
  • The toilet is continuously running.
  • The toilet wobbles when in use.
  • Cracks on the toilet bowl and or tank.
  • A bathroom or kitchen faucet is leaking around the base.
  • A bathroom or kitchen faucet does not turn off all the way.
  • A bathroom or kitchen faucet is hard to turn on or off.
  • A bathroom or kitchen faucet shows a lot of corrosion.
  • A bathroom or kitchen basin is slow to drain.
  • A water supply valve to your kitchen or bathroom faucet under the cabinet shows corrosion.      
  • Water is standing under you bathroom basin inside the cabinet.
  • There is corrosion at the shut off valves for the hot and cold water supply lines under the basin inside the cabinet.
  • There is corrosion at the 1-1/2ā€ ā€œPā€ trap.
  • Water can be heard running/hissing in the wall.
  • The drywall is bubbling or crumbling around any plumbing areas.
  • The mix-t valve in the shower/tub is hard to open and close.
  • The tub spout drips water.
  • The flooring is hot to the touch (this could be a slab leak).
  • The garbage disposer will not turn on.

If you encounter any of these issues with your plumbing, or something just doesn't seem right, don't hesitate to call Resident Services at 949-597-4600.

What could be causing the water spotting on my ceiling/walls?

I have had several drain overflows in the last year; what is the problem?

What is the epoxy pipe-lining process that both United's and Third's Boards of Directors approved in 2006 and why is it necessary?

What can be done to stop water flowing into a sink or tub when turning the faucet knobs will not shut off water flow?

What should be done if there is an under sink leak?

What causes a toilet to run periodically?

What can be done to address a backup in a plumbing fixture?