Media Contact Information
If you are a member of the Media and would like access to our gated community, please contact Heather Rasmussen, Public Relations Specialist at 949-268-2292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete press kit is available for you via the links below.
Below are a some quick facts about Laguna Woods Village and why it's a great place to live!
- Laguna Woods Village is a 55+ age-restricted gated community for the active lifestyle. It is located on 2,100 acres of rolling hillsides just minutes from the Laguna Beach coastline.
- Laguna Woods Village is located in south Orange County, California, easily accessible via the I-5, 405, or 73 Toll Road.
- The community is comprised of 12,736 dwellings and is the largest of its type on the West Coast. Laguna Woods Village is home to 18,000 residents. The average age of the Laguna Woods Village residents is 78, although new residents to the community average 68 years of age.
- The architectural diversity provides a variety of housing options to fit various budgets and lifestyles. There are single-family homes, multi-family dwellings with floor-plans offering one, two or three bedrooms, and the high-rise Towers. Some homes have 2-car garages. The developer completed construction in 1986 and from that time all resales have been transacted through independent real estate brokers.
- Residents enjoy special interest activities including fitness, swimming, golf, tennis, arts and crafts, a computer-learning center, and a choice of more than 100 Saddleback College Emeritus courses. Laguna Woods Village offers a large menu of social and recreational activities, including yoga, dances, shuffleboard, lawn bowling, paddle tennis, table tennis, and bridge just to name a few. Facilities include seven clubhouses, five swimming pools, a performing arts center seating 814, and the community's "living" amenity, the equestrian center. The community owns several horses available to residents and their guests. There are over 230 clubs and organizations to choose from.
- Other than the golf pro shops, there are no retail or commercial businesses within the gated community.
- Residents pay a monthly fee for exterior maintenance, landscape, vehicle patrol, the bus system, and facility maintenance. This leaves an abundance of free time for residents to enjoy retirement and build lasting relationships.
- Licensed social workers are also available free of charge for short-term private consultations, individual counseling, crisis intervention and support groups. Long term care planning and community resource referrals are also available. The community has no assisted living or medical facilities.
- The community-owned cable television system provides quality programming as part of the monthly fee. Premium channels are available at an extra cost. Residents tune into Channel 6 News weekdays at 8:30 AM to learn what's happening in the community.
- The community remained unincorporated until 1999, when it became part of the City of Laguna Woods. The City of Laguna Woods encompasses approximately four square miles, 3.8 occupied by Laguna Woods Village. Also within the City of Laguna Woods are three senior living establishments and commercial businesses. All five city council members reside in Laguna Woods Village.
Composed: 07/24/2001 | Modified: 04/05/2016